alliant’s emphasis in clinical forensic psychology equips phd and psyd clinical psychology students with the knowledge, skills and experience to effectively work with criminal populations and within criminal/civil legal settings.
下载辽宁快乐12任选五走势图if you envision working with a wide-range of law enforcement, correctional, legal and medical professionals, our forensic emphasis will open doors to the criminal and civil justice systems of therapeutic jurisprudence.
下载辽宁快乐12任选五走势图the emphasis in clinical forensic psychology covers diverse needs relating to:
- Custody mediation
- Worker’s compensation
- Disability evaluations
- Child abuse
- And adoption
alliant’s forensic clinical psychology emphasis program is offered with the following clinical psychology programs:
* the sacramento campus offers a related emphasis program in correctional psychology, which provides the necessary knowledge and hands-on experience to practice clinical work exclusively to offender populations. contact an alliant admissions counselor if you have questions determining whether the clinical forensic psychology or correctional psychology emphasis is right for you.
下载辽宁快乐12任选五走势图alliant’s forensic psychology training program provides students a comprehensive foundation from which to draw as they begin their practicum and enter the workforce as forensic clinical psychologists. throughout the emphasis program and upon completion, students will:
- Comprehend and utilize assessment tools and diagnostic criteria to evaluate and apply therapy.
- Research, analyze and articulate federal and state mental health laws and their effect on the criminal and non-criminal population.
- Learn to professionally, legally, and ethically interact with clients and other professionals.
- develop culturally-sensitive interpersonal communication skills and support ongoing relationships with clients and professionals in a diverse population.
- Analyze and critically evaluate former and new clinical psychology and clinical forensic psychology research and scholarly articles.
下载辽宁快乐12任选五走势图to complete the forensic emphasis, students:
- Take a minimum of 10 units of forensic courses
- Acquire at least 500 practicum hours in each of two clinical forensic settings
- Complete a dissertation on a forensic psychology topic are strongly encouraged to complete a pre-doctoral internship in a forensic psychology setting
required courses include:
- Introduction to Forensic Psychology
- Forensic Ethics
- Forensic Report Writing/Expert Testimony
- Forensic Risk Assessment
- Forensic Psychology Competency Evaluations
- Clinical Psychology and Law
- Psychology of Negotiation, Bargaining and Dispute Resolution
- Assessing & Remediating Legal Competencies
- Child Custody/Mediation
下载辽宁快乐12任选五走势图disabilities, law and families
as a university, we believe it is important to provide our students with pathways to specific careers and practices. call 866-825-5426 or contact an admissions counselor today to learn more about how alliant’s clinical forensic psychology emphasis will prepare you for this growing and important field of clinical psychology.